Tuesday 26 July 2016

Five Years of Bookania Tag


Hello people,

I had intended to writing a post about how writing isn't the most important thing in my life. But more important things pushed it out. So I grabbed Kendra's Five years of Bookania Tag which probably took longer.


1. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?

It's been 8 months now. Two thirds of a year. And I started because I'm an author and authors are supposed to have blogs.

2. How long have you been following my blog and how did you find me?

I don't quite remember but it's been a least a year I've been reading Kendra's blog. As for how I found her, it may have been from homeschooledauthors.com. That's how I found a lot of people. And I saw the sign up from beta reading Water Princess, Fire Prince and thought it might be interesting. And the rest is history.

3. Which of the books on my WIP list sound the most interesting to you?

Other than Lady Dragon, Tela Du, I would say Half-Hidden, HaV Academy and Worth of a King.

4. What are three of your favourite fairy tales?

 The Day Boy and the Night Girl (It's a very obscure one), What the Old Man Does is Always Right(Perhaps not technically a fairytale, but it's in my book of Hans Christian Anderson Illustrated fairy tales and I love the spirit of it.),  and The Emperor's New Clothes.

5. What is the strangest fairy tale you've ever read?

The Travelling Companion (also from the Hans Christian Anderson book) It's kind of weird and creepy. It's got a few similar elements to 12 Dancing Princesses, but it's not nearly as nice.

6. What are some things that you're looking forward to/hope will happen in future Bookania Quests? (Or, if you haven't read the Bookania Quests yet, in the series in general, or, you know, you could just delete this question and pretend it never existed...)

I want to see more of Shira. And I want to hear about Rapunzel.

7. Recommend a book for me to read. (You can check my Goodreads shelf to see what I've already read/my interests)

The Magician's Daughter by Justyn Walker. It's a crazy kind of book, a bit like some of yours. But in a slightly different way. Orphans falling though puddles? Check. Talking secret agent bat? Check. A mad wizard who makes your hair go rainbow coloured? Check. A lethal sport, a dragon named Smokey the Terrible and a couple of misfits for heroes? Check, check check.

8. What, to you, are the essential elements of a good story?

Good relateable characters who react in realistic ways, a plot with some stakes that aren't just emotional and some deeper layer to them even id it's very subtle.

9. What is your favourite fairy tale retelling, whether film or book, and why?

This is tricky, but I love A Dream, Not Imagined by Shantelle Mary Hannu. It was just the kind of book I needed to read when I first got it.

10. Tell me about a project (preferably a book, but I'll understand if you're not a writer), that you're incredibly excited about.

I've only really got two books I'm working on and I'm excited about both of them. Especially Lady of Courage right now. The idea could go so many places and I'm to have so much fun figuring it out. And Kendra already knows about as much as anyone. But it's exciting to mix up politics, technology, family relations, murder mystery and foreign invasion. And I really like my heroine. she may have her faults, but she's a likeable person, she isn't foolish and she doesn't whine.

YAnd that is that. Head over to Kendra's blog and check out all her party over there. I'll be having a couple of her characters over here for an interview soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. please. I'd love to know what you think about my ramblings.