Tuesday 12 July 2016

Beautiful People: Wil

It's time for the Beautiful People link up again. This time I'm going to interview Wil. He's made an appearance  before, here, for Kendra's Character encounters. That was quite a while ago though, and there's more to Wil than you can get out of one appearance. In fact you'll have to read the book when it's finished. So without further ado, here's the interview.


"Okay Wil, it's your turn to be interviewed for my readers."

He sighs, "Do I have to do this, mi'lady? I know I'm not the main character and I'd rather not tell everyone my secrets.

"Yes, we're doing this. Despite the fact you're not the focus of the story, you are one of my favourite characters. Anyway I won't tell Aydel, and I really doubt that the questions are about the stuff you don't want her to know"

"Who said Aydel was the one I'm keeping secrets from. It's Mim, you know that."

"Alright, Mim then, if you insist. I won't be telling anyone else in the book your answers. Now ont to the questions. Do you want to get married and/or have children? Why or why not?"

"Must I answer that?"

"Yes."

"Well then I really don't know. I'm not sure that I'd be any good. Women are hard to understand and easy to hurt. I don't wish someone like me on them."

"What is your weapon of choice?"

"I prefer the staff and the lasso. Blades can be too deadly, and are messy either way."

"What’s the nicest thing you’ve done for someone else, and why did you do it?"

"Not saying."

"Well, I will then. It's taking care of Elind and Mim. You tell them why."

"They needed me and no one else did."

"Have you ever been physically violent with someone, and what instigated it?"

"I have. I probably shouldn't have, but he was being foolish and had hurt someone."

"I'm not going to bother asking you to tell them who 'he' is. Are you a rule-follower or a rebel?"

"Neither. I don't conform societally, but neither do I try to change the rules. Laws exist for a good reason. Armed rebellion is wrong."

"Are you organized or messy?"

"Usually organized."

"What makes you feel loved, and who was the last person to make you feel that way?"

"Come on, you can't really expect me to answer that question."

"But I do."

"Well if you substitute valued for loved it would be easier. I like it when people actually listen, when they're interested in what I say. Most people just don't get the point and I wonder why I bother."

"What do you eat for breakfast?"

"About the same as everyone else."

"Have you ever lost someone close to you? What happened?"

Will grins.

"Therin decided to go exploring on his own. It took me a couple of hours to find him. He'd fallen in a stream and gotten all wet."

"You know that wasn't what I meant."

"Well it's the only answer you're getting."

"What’s your treat of choice?"

"Silence. people talk too much."

"We both know that's not entirely true. But that's the end of the questions so I'll leave you alone now."

Just so you know Wil has a fairly low opinion of himself, and he wasn't in the best spirits at the time of this interview. In fact he probably never will be in an interview. I know too much and questions can be awkward. Someday I'll have to post a snippet with him being his cheerful, courteous self.

So what do you all think of the gallant knight of my story? (Not that Wil is an actual knight, in fact he is quite insistent on that fact.) But that's a part he plays in my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. please. I'd love to know what you think about my ramblings.