Tuesday 27 September 2016

Books as Rooms Challenge

Hello friends,

Hope Ann tagged me for a writing challenge that Writefury started. I had said someone might tag me and this looks like a very fun one.
I, not paying attention, went and made my own tag graphic.

Rules:

  1. Link back to Writefury and the person who tagged you. 
  2. Write 3 of your own books as rooms. They can be finished, works in progress, or even just ideas, but they have to be your own. 
  3. Write 1 of your favorite books to read as a room. 
  4. Tag 5 other people.
At least, that’s the basic idea. It seems that these are actually guidelines, more than the way it must be done. But I´ll try to follow it anyway.

My Books:

Girl of the Rumours

An old, low broken down room of wood and stone. There are cloth wall hangings that may have been bright jewel tones once, but are now dingy and torn. A single oil lamps burns brightly on a table in the center of the room, illuminating a jeweled knife and a silver necklace. Sacks sit in the shadows of one corner, low bench seats in another. And around the window openings, vines are creeping in.


Lady of Courage


An enormous paneled room with a vaulted ceiling and a set of ornate, curving staircases opening onto a platform at one end. In the centre of the carpeted floor is a massive oval table surrounded by silk upholstered chairs. The table is covered by maps, papers and writing implements, with small lit globes at intervals. The rest of the room is occupied with small clusters of chairs and a few small tables. Along the walls are curtained alcoves and door ways with magnificent paintings hung in between them. At the opposite end to the stairs is an gigantic clock.

A Maretegna Mystery (something I may write one day; this is not the title)

A small room with wooden slat walls. At one end is a kitchen with neatly stacked dishes, bins of food in a corner and a brightly burning fire with an pot bubbling away over it. At the other end is a table with odds and ends laid out over it along with small neatly written notes. Chairs sit askew around it and underneath a doll rests against a crude wooden horse.


Not My Book:

The Victor by Patricia St. John

A dark, one-room hut with a dim oil lamp sitting on the floor. To one side there is a sleeping mat, to the other a fishing net. A few bloody shards of pottery lie scattered around.

And now I tag people. this is when I wish I had more blogging friends. So I'll tag some people who don't know me so well, along with a few who do.

Victoria Grace Howell


And if I forgot anyone and you want to do it, please consider yourselves tagged.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! It's so cool how books just give a certain feel to them, even though they aren't always what I'd have thought. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that all but the first one were rooms that could actually appear in the books. Maybe not quite like that, but I am now seriously considering making the council/parliament chamber in Lady of Courage like what I described with them all in comfy seats around an enormous table.

      For Girl of the Rumours I pulled a whole lot of story elements, but that room certainly doesn't exist.

      Delete
  2. This was such a neat tag, Anna! I enjoyed reading it *nods*.

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I only just did the tag. XD Thanks for tagging me! https://aheartredeemed.wordpress.com/2017/02/15/the-book-room-challenge/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. please. I'd love to know what you think about my ramblings.