Tuesday 26 January 2016

Just a Little Writing Update

I did quite a bit of writing this last week. Especially since I was participating in one of Faith Blum's Words Wars. The idea is to write as much as you can over Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It went something like this:



Tuesday- The idea I thought of on Friday is no good.(what was it anyway) Brainstormed for new plot idea so that my story could actually go somewhere. Got some kind of idea.

Wednesday- Continued thinking and writing about aforesaid idea. Came up with another idea. It didn't really fit. Scrapped it. Came up with another good idea that goes in a different part of the book. Interesting, but not really helpful.

Thursday: This idea is good. Wrote about 800 words. Left it in the middle of a scene at bedtime.

Friday: Continued writing for half a page. I am completely lost again. What will I do? Wrote for half a page about what I do and do not want to happen. Stared at the page. Listened to The Very Serious Writing Show. Read for a bit. Realized there was a scene I had forgotten to write. Wrote it despite not being sure where it was heading. Then I decided to skip ahead to something I know happens in the middle of the climax. Wrote the words, "They were surrounded." Decided I don't actually know enough about what's going on. Didn't continue. Wrote a scene that goes somewhere after the scene I last wrote and also where I got lost in the morning. Realized another scene goes in between. Wrote it. Continued on writing from there. End of day, almost 2,000 words.

Saturday: Very busy. Wrote one page in the evening. Someone knows something bad is about to happen. I'm in the beginning of the climax.  But I still didn't know how it all fits together.
Sunday: Leisa, why aren't you warning them that it's a trap  and why instead of just telling them to go for some stupid reason. This is getting a bit boring. Someone should attack her. Wow, Leisa is actually fast enough and smart enough to deal with this guy. But I still didn't know what the urgent danger is. Last chance for them to escape. Leisa finally blurts it out. Wow, that's a great idea. I wrote,"Awesome description here. Lots of  foreshadowing back there." Most romantic scene in the book. Stuff happens. They run to the plain. No, that doesn't make sense it's a canyon. It's really late at night. Time to stop. I write the words, "They were surrounded." About 1,500 more words done.

Monday- Counted my words, started writing a new description for the book. Wrote most of this post.

And I'm in the middle of the climax, so it shouldn't be too long till I'm finished. Then I'll set it aside for a bit before I get to the rewriting, editing, and revising. And of course typing it into the computer.

Now in case you're thinking that some thing seems wrong with my maths, 3,327 is the final amount for the three days. However the amounts above are my estimates based on 200 words per page. It turns out I only write about 180 these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. please. I'd love to know what you think about my ramblings.