Thursday 31 December 2015

It's the end of the year.

My last post of the year. This year has been exciting. I started writing. I started a blog. I made friends with a bunch of really wonderful authors online. Thank you Hope Schmidt, Faith Blum, Kendra E. Ardnek, Rachel Steele, Shantelle Mary Hannu and others. I really appreciate your friendship and encouragement.

I went to my first youth camp and made a bunch of great acquaintances there. Our family started fellowship with a new church. That has been a great experience. We had to look deep into what we actually believe, which has made my faith grow.




And I was given lots of great Christmas presents. I got money to buy writing books, I've just got to decide which ones. Recommendations are welcome. Also I got new sandals, camping crockery, a file box, a pair of Dutch clog slippers, some brightly coloured socks, though they were actually a birthday present, and a nice little head lamp, in our gift swap. I took it from one of my cousins, but he got something just as good, so I didn't spoil anything. It's all part of the fun anyway. And I got two lovely new purple plastic cups. My previous one was over 10 year old and I was used to it but it's nice to have a new one.



Writing goals for next year:

  • Finish the first draft of The Weaver and the Brigand.
  • Work on revising/rewriting it. That's going to be a really big job.
  • World-building for my second story.(and many more) It'll be fun.
  • Outline second story
  • Writing second story, hopefully in time to:
  • Outline sequel to Weaver and Brigand before November.
  • Write that for NaNoWriMo
  • Generally improve the quality and speed of my writing
That is probably way too ambitious. I'm stuck at the moment, because my plot seems to be broken.

I am also going to start some kind of serial story. Adel and Leisa used to make up stories together when they were younger and I thought it would be fun to write some of that down. They won't be terribly original, but I hope you will enjoy it.

Other Goals:
  • Write reviews for the books I read in 2015
  • Finish my projects for LibriVox
  • Find someone local who really needs a friend
  • Be a better friend
  • Find creative business skills
  • Find some way to bless my community or neighbours.

This has been a year of discovering the world of Christian indie authors and free ebooks so I think I've read more books than usual this year.

Great books I read in 2015:
  • All the published Ilyon Chronicles, by Jaye L. Knight 
  • All the Makilien books, by Molly Evangeline 
  • All books by Kendra E. Ardnek, especially Water Princess, Fire Prince
  • 4 Hymns of the West books, by Faith Blum
  • Virtues and Valor, by Hallee Bridgeman
  • The Five Unnecessaries, by Laura Campbell
  • The Eyes of Everia series, by Serena Chase
  • Annabeth's War, by Jessica Greyson
  • A Dream Not Imagined, Shantelle Mary Hannu
  • Brothers and Betrayal, The Destiny of One, and Waltz into the Waves, by Sarah Holman
  • Creighton Hill, by Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
  • Dreamlander, K. M. Weiland
  • The Forest at Edge series, by Trish Mercer
  • By Darkness Hid and To Darkness Fled, by Jill Williamson
I've also read stacks of books on diet and nutrition, listened to The History of England from the Accession of James II, The History of Holland, Early Kings of Norway, Emma, Northanger Abbey, Sense and Sensibility, and many other books. There are some other books I've read that aren't worth mentioning.

Next year I hope to read a whole lot more history, a little bit of fiction, and do a lot more Bible study.

I'll be away next week so there won't be any post for you. You all have a great new year and I'll be back in a bit over a week with exciting stories. I'm going to the Creation Super Camp. 

To end the year, I'll be finishing a 3000 piece puzzle with my family
(yes they do actually make them that big),  eating brie cheese and watching a new movie. What do you all do to finish off the year? Has anyone got any interesting goals for the coming year?

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Anna!

    My family's New Year's Eve tradition is to watch The Sound of Music. I wound up writing a short story piece while doing so, because the idea came all in a rush and I had to put it somewhere.

    One of my goals for this year is to study Modern History with my brothers, and also to learn how to waltz. I've never really learned. I asked my younger brother to help me, saying that his future wife would love it if he knew how, and he protested that in that case, he has plenty of time. My mother said that's good, means he can get very, very good at it! :D

    I'd also like to finish some of my stories. We'll see if that happens or not! The ones I'm working on right now are: Tattoos and Tiaras; A Promise Rose; Spinner of Secrets; and a collection of short science fiction/fantasy stories. I'm also writing poetry and would like to get a poem published in a magazine. (Poetry's all I've got on my blog right now, but I'm hoping to change that as well.)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. please. I'd love to know what you think about my ramblings.